Admission is a holistic decision that takes into consideration all the factors of each applicant's background and experience. Specific requirements include:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for the last 60 units of college or post-baccalaureate work.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Evidence of qualities and character in keeping with the philosophy and standards of University of the Pacific and the Benerd School of Education.
How To Apply
Complete the online application, which includes:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A personal statement of approximately 2 pages describing the following:
- Your professional experiences and areas of expertise
- Professional abilities, knowledge, and skills you would bring to our program
- Description of why you are pursuing this particular program
- Ways in which this master's program will advance your prospects for personal and professional growth
- Current resume that includes experience (work, community, volunteer), honors, awards, publications, training, etc. relevant to your program of interest
- Writing sample of at least 4-5 pages on any topic (e.g., professional report, academic paper, undergraduate thesis)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Departmental interview (if requested by Admissions Committee)
Please submit all application documents through the online application portal.
Applicants are encouraged to submit all application materials prior to the priority deadline of January 15th, however applications will still be accepted through the May 31st application deadline. After this time, applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission, space available basis.
Please note: We continue to accept applications on a space available basis. Please contact our office for more information.
Connect with Us
Register for a Program Event (coming soon)
Get Updates About the Program
Curriculum questions: contact Dr. Fred Este, email@example.com or 916-739-4605
Admissions process suestions: contact Sunshine Faiad, firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.340.61511