Become a teacher and gain a multidisciplinary foundation by earning your bachelor's degree in liberal studies from the University of the Pacific. You'll be able to teach in elementary and secondary schools in California with a BA in liberal arts and a teaching credential.
In order to teach in elementary schools in California, you'll need to earn a bachelor's degree along with a teaching credential. The good news is not only that you can do both at Pacific, but that we will prepare you to take on all the challenges that come with the exciting profession of teaching.
Our goal is to prepare teachers who make a difference in our education system and in students' lives. When you study liberal arts you gain a solid multidisciplinary foundation in core areas of study for educators.
What sets our degree apart
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies offers a four-year plan that blends courses for your major with those for an elementary and/or special education credential. Our teaching program focuses on subject matters such as natural sciences, the arts, social sciences, and the humanities.
If you're an undergraduate who's interested in teaching in middle school or high school, you'll be able to earn a teaching credential while pursuing your bachelor's degree in whichever field you choose. You'll be assisted by an advisor in your major to ensure that you're on track to earn your bachelor's degree and teaching credential as an undergraduate.
How our program benefits you
By earning your bachelor's in liberal studies, you'll:
- Gain hands-on experience so you can feel certain that you truly are interested in a teaching career.
- Operate in a variety of settings and populations in our student teaching and intern programs due to the excellent working relationships we've developed with various school districts.
- Feel supported by our faculty and staff while acquiring a superior personal experience that's unmatched by any other university.
- Get the opportunity for desirable job placements even before graduation due to the rich, interactive experience in which you'll take part.
About the degree options
Our goal at Benerd is to prepare teachers who make a difference in our education system and the lives of students. The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies provides a solid multidisciplinary foundation in the core areas of study for educators. Pacific offers a four-year plan of blend courses for your major and an elementary and /or special education credential. Our program focuses on subject matters such as natural sciences, social sciences, the arts and the humanities. Undergraduates interested in teaching in middle or high school can earn a teaching credential while pursuing their bachelor's degree in a field of their choice. We work with major advisors in the College of the Pacific to make sure you are on track to earn your bachelor's degree and teaching credential as an undergraduate.
- Our programs provide hands-on experiences for the early stages to ensure an interest in teaching
- Benerd has solidified excellent working relationships with varying school districts to provide our students with the opportunity to experience a variety of settings and populations in our student teaching and intern programs.
- Our faculty and staff support students and provide a personal experience unlike any other university.
- Because our students leave with varying experience, many are offered desirable job placements even before graduation.